Maple & Vine
Maple & Vine follows the fortunes of a harried young New York couple, Katha and Ryu, who choose to flee their unfulfilling lives and move to a gated community that meticulously recreates clipped lawns and crisp social mores of an earlier time, specifically the year 1955.
Gone are the therapists, lattes and fancy salads. Hello repression, Salisbury steak and the satisfaction of manual labour. In this compulsively authentic world, Katha and Ryu are surprised by what their neighbours, and themselves, are willing to sacrifice for happiness.
- Produced by BottledSnail Productions
- Written by Jordan Harrison
- Directed by Bruce Hardy
- December 2015
Lawler, Southbank Theatre
- Set Design - Jack Fordham
- Costume Designers - Juliet Bennie & Matilda Woodroofe
- Lighting Design - Steve Hendy
- Photographer - Ben Fon