A dark and comic collaboration devised and performed with ex-offenders that explores the realities of our criminal justice system. Set in an imagined future, a real-life ex-offender takes on the role of parole officer interviewing a version of themselves.
Their parole has been breached.
Are they entitled to freedom?
Should they go back inside?
The audience, as parole board, must decide.
- Co-Created by J R Brennan and David Woods
- Performed at Sydney Festival 2019
- January 2019
Track 8, Carriageworks
- Lighting Design - Steve Hendy
- Original Lighting Design - Jenny Hector
- Sound - Luke Smiles
- Costume Design - Willoh S. Weiland
- Production Assistant - Hugo Gutteridge
- Photographer - Prudence Upton